WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Client to provide a complete set of site plans.
- Clear and unhindered access is required throughout the duration of the job for the connection and disconnection. Also, so that we, Builders Pole Rentals, can install and remove the pole when required. Note: If rock is present, the client will be notified of additional costs to complete installation and/or the possibility of the installation not being able to take place.
- Mark the preferred position of the pole on the building site with a stake or marker paint. Also if known marking of existing underground services. Note Builders Pole location maybe restricted due to Power Authority main electricity pole. We need to dig a 1200mm deep hole for the Builders Pole.
- The Supply Authority will not connect to a temporary builders pole unless 2 support stays are installed. The radius of the support stays are about 2 metres from the base of the pole. The temporary builders pole and 2 support stays must be placed inside the work site property boundary and comply with Energy Safe Victoria’s Guidelines. DO NOT tamper with any part of a Builders Pole installation once completed.
- There is a 3 metre ‘exclusion zone’ around a Builders Pole. If any scaffold, roofing or any part of a construction needs to be inside the ‘exclusion zone’, it is the sites responsibility to obtain a permit from the Supply Authority to occupy this area.
- The service cable from the Supply Authority street pole to the Builders Pole must not cross a neighbouring property. Also must be clear of vegetation to 500mm.
- Wet weather can restrict access to a site and can delay installation and removal of poles.
- It is the Site Supervisors responsibility to advise Builders Pole Rentals when the overhead cables are disconnected from the temporary builders pole and the meter removed from the meter box so that Builders Pole Rentals can arrange to off hire and pick up the pole.
- Any damages to the Builders Pole and/or Meter Box incurred during the rental period will ALL be charged back to the client. (refer below for further details on damages)
- Builders Pole Rentals preferred Retailer is AGL due to ease and availability of tracking on all new connections.
- Once Builders Pole has been removed, Builders Pole Rentals will level out ground to suit surroundings of installation site.
- Damages are classified if the product is deemed no longer fit for future rental. Upon installation of the builders pole the client will be sent an installation report containing images.
- Damages are the solely the clients responsibility.
- Damages may include the following;
- Vandalism ie physical damage to switchboard
- Damage to earthing system
- Damage to mains conduits
- Damage to fuse box
- Damage to the Stays
- Replacements/repairs for any damages incurred will be itemised. All charges, costs and disbursements will be provided on the invoice.
By clicking Agree & Proceed you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the above requirements.